Friday, July 25, 2014

Barren

Never will I look into your eyes or see your smiling face.
I have dreamed of you all my life, but I will never know you.
You will live forever in my mind, what I wish could’ve been.
I will cry for you, because I was never blessed with the chance to hold you in my arms.
There will always be a hole in my heart, the place you were meant to fill.
I have always loved you, even though we’ve never met.
All the prayers in the world couldn’t make you real, and now I finally give up,
I will forever wonder what you would’ve been like,
What you would’ve looked like,
The joy I would’ve felt to hear you laugh, the pain I would’ve felt when you cried,
What you would’ve been when you grew up.
All the things I’ll never have a chance to know.
I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to give you a life.
I’m sorry that you never even got a chance.
I’m sorry that I failed you.
Please forgive me so that I can forgive myself.

By Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment